Address for visitors: Kolstøneset 60, 4265 HÅVIK
The department is located at Kolstøneset on Karmøy and offers large dry docks and mechanical workshops. Westcon Karmsund carries out service and maintenance on vessels up to 20 000 dwt.
The dry dock is the main attraction, and services and repairs can be carried out on fishing vessels and offshore vessels from Norway, the Shetland Islands, The Faroe Islands, and Scotland. The mechanical workshop can carry out repairs, and fabricate new machine components for the ships in dock.
Dry dock specifications:
- Max. vessel length: 120 m
- Max. vessel width: 30 m
- Max. vessel draft /depth: 8,1 m
- Can take vessels up to 20 000 dwt
- Equipment for shaft pulling and rudder dismantling
- 2 Azimuth shafts
- Hydraulic side supports
- Dock crane: 20 t
- Plating and welding hall
- Piping workshop with crane: 20 t
- Separate mechanical workshop with crane: 20 t