The cooperation agreement was signed at OTD exhibition in Bergen last week. Sontum Fire & Safety delivers products and services within fire and safety services to the oil and gas industry, land-based industries, maritime and industrial buildings across the country.
– Westcon did a job for Sontum that they were very pleased with, and the idea of cooperation came in the wake of this. We have worked with the cooperation agreement since July. Sontum were looking for a long-term partner, and the agreement will give Westcon both more pipe work and more legs to stand on. In particular it will help to secure jobs in the future, says Tommy Nilsen, leader of Westcon Pipe Technology.
Westcon has made major investments in electric pipe bending machines and other advanced equipment in recent years. Opportunities we now have within pipe bending, along with traditional prefabrication was one of the main reasons why Sontum will work with Westcon.
– The job we performed for Sontum was traditional, but we will use the pipe bending in future projects, says Nilsen.
More and more customers require complete solutions where all services are included. Working together, Westcon and Sontum win jobs they might otherwise be missed.
– Sontum has recently signed several major framework agreements, and Westcon will also get prefabrication and deliveries of tubes attached to these missions in addition to new missions. We will offer each other’s services to customers, and this is a strategic and nationwide partnership that will provide more jobs for both companies, says Nilsen.
Gives us a new feet to stand on
Sontum also marks the tough marked in oil and gas industry, and general manager Audun Hellesøy sees the cooperation as an opportunity for both to secure jobs and develop companies.
– The cooperation agreement enables us both has more to offer and it will develop further as a turnkey supplier for classification and maintenance of ships and rigs. It will also give us a new feet to stand on in relation to the market within industrial and other activities on land. Which in turn will help to secure jobs our branch office in Sandnessjøen and at Forus, says Hellesøy.
One of the recent framework agreements Sontum has signed is with Statoil. It runs over 11 years and is a billion contract including maintenance of fire and safety equipment for on- and offshore facilities.
This is Sontum Fire & Safety
- Align Sontum Fire & Safety has 44 employees and is headquartered in Ågotnes outside Bergen. Branch offices in Forus, Stavanger and Sandnessjøen.
- The company has service center with our own service facility including facilities for pressure testing, filling, testing and certification.
- Partners: MSA, Solberg, NOHA, Fire Eater, Tyco, Martin Brus Gaard, Langseth and now Westcon.
- Signed in 2015 several large framework agreements among others Statoil, Wintershall and Maersk for maintenance within fire and safety in a number of onshore and offshore facilities.
- The company also runs courses on fire and safety.